I love things. Curious things, weird things, nice things, mean things and spicy things mostly. I also like to change my opinion and stance on certain things at a whim. This blog serves not only as a place for me to record and remember if or why I like something, but also for you to pass 5-7 minutes of your day.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

recent interest: little shits

"Little Shits" or "Lilshits" are small, random things that help make your home your home. I love a random little trashy figurine or statue and I wanted to share a few of my favorites from around my house.



Cast iron acrobat statue, $0.95 from Hobby Lobby


My Great Grandfather's tin globe bank



Wooden elephant, $5.00 from World Market


Ceramic 'Hand of Fatima' from some street corner in NY


Metal cock from the lumber yard in Winnie, TX. 
Thanks Mom.


Tin can Lion from that place with the things in DC. Thanks Brooke.

Today I went shit hunting at the local Goodwill and the intense and overwhelming antique mall (definite future post on this coming soon) and instead of finding little shits, I found two medium-sized shits.




Art Deco wooden and rope mirror



Naval Map of Bermuda, 1946

So, if you're tired of your apartment or home looking like an IKEA magazine or Kirkland's discount table, grab yourself a little shit and think about ways to make your home different, and thusly, relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers